Monday, July 14, 2008

Jello, Fireworks, and Sparklers - what more could you ask for?

We enjoyed a yummy 4th of July dinner at grandma and pop pop's house, mommy was so busy devouring the bbq ribs that this is the only food related picture she got before dragging me outside  for the requisite holiday pictures... hope your 4th of July was as delicious and fun filled as ours!

Andrew jello

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Andrew flags1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Andrew and grandma

After dinner and some pictures we were off to see the fireworks, despite the on again off again drizzle  and threat of heavier rain.

Fireworks in the rain

 fireworks gold Fireworks 3

 

 

 

 

 

Then back to grandma and pop pop's house for some good ole sparkler fun :) Mommy bravely let me hold my own sparkler this year after numerous instructions to not hold it too close!

Sparkler lightingSparkler with daddy

 

 

 

 

 

Sparkler profile

2 comments:

  1. I hope this isn't awkward-I ran across your blog through a comment on CF Husband. We adopted our oldest daughter. I cannot tell you the number of times we heard I bet you'll get pregnant now and she's adopted, Oh-could you not have kids? These things are hurtful even if they are unintended. Especially when the blessing of that chosen child is more than anyone (without one) can understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your post on CF husband.My sister adopted back in September of 1982 and yes she actually got pregnant.She had boys 10 months apart.Talk about the remarks that she heard.She did tell me that actually few adopt and have children right after that-but it seems like many do.Nobody is going to say my sister adopted and didn't get pregnant but I could say my sister adopted and got prenant.After all of these years I have had many friends adopt and guess what I only know my sister who had a baby afterwards.Sorry people have said the stupid thing about having a adopting and having a baby!

    ReplyDelete